Sunday, June 6, 2010

Be The Change

Global Volunteer Network’s (GVN) founder Colin Salisbury leads a program called Be The Change. I recently attended this program in Tuscany, Italy. For me Be The Change provided inspiration and focus, that I don’t think I could have discovered elsewhere.


17 people representing 13 different countries shared their desires to be catalyst of social change. Colin, Courtney and Nadine, leaders in the field of social change, led seminars and mentored participants during the week long course. They help us mold our thoughts, dreams and much confusion into a defined plan that we could put into action.

My experience was phenomenal. Meeting like minded individuals and finding incredible mentors has inspired me to create this blog, invest in French language immersion and pursue social change with NGOs on the ground working toward solutions in areas I believe in. But most importantly I returned home with a sense of possibility; I can make a difference on a global scale…one person at a time.

Be the change you want to see in the world. – Gandhi



To learn more about Be The Change and it's facilitators visit Globalvolunteernetwork.org

No comments:

Post a Comment