Sunday, May 30, 2010

My Purpose

I’m Kimberly and I want to make a difference in the global community. My quest to figure out how to do this has led me here. I grew up in the United States and graduated from Howard University and the University of Oklahoma. I am a proud sister of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated. My career started in the United States Air Force in 2005 and I have since served one tour in Iraq. Service to all mankind has been my passion for some time now. My first volunteer pursuits include working with Teach for America  and AmeriCorps programs Jumpstart and Heads Up. These wonderful experiences were eye opening and have fueled my desire to do more.


Along the way I’ve meet amazing people who too are working to impact social change throughout the world and I’ve learned about organizations that are implementing programs and touching lives around the global. I’m continuing to learn more through reading about change makers with extraordinary stories. I want to share this with you and create a single location to connect with people, organizations and stories driving global actions.

Join my quest by following this blog. You will learn more about current movements, be connected to global social change, and have easy access to ways to get involved and take action on issues you are passionate about.

Share your experiences with me and be featured in www.beaboutchange.blogspot.com

It’s as easy as giving free hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment